When you have the flu, you may not feel like eating. Your body needs to fuel your immune system. According to Web MD, here are the top ten foods to help soothe your body and help your immune system.
- Ice Pops – 100% juice pops can soothe your throat and keep you hydrated.
- Turkey Sandwich – It has lean protein which is part of a healthy diet, which will give your body energy to fight illness.
- Vegetable Juice – It can take the place of a salad giving you antioxidants that boost the immune system.
- Chicken Soup – It helps with hydration, and some science suggests it helps with healing. Interesting studies are suggesting that it may improve the way tiny hair-like parts in the passages of you nose protect your body from bacteria and viruses.
- Garlic – It appears to have some ability to boost the immune system.
- Ginger – It relieves a stomachache and nausea, as well as fights inflammation. Grab a ginger ale!
- Hot Tea – It contains antioxidants to boost the immune system. Add a spoonful of honey and a squeeze of lemon to soothe your sore throat.
- Banana – They are easy on the stomach, so they are a go to food if you experience nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Toast – They go well with soup and are easy on your stomach.
- Meal Replacement Drinks – Real food is the better choice, but if your appetite hasn’t returned these can assure you get the right nutrients and calories.
Knowing what to eat when you aren’t feeling well can help you recover and feel better sooner.